At the VU Campus (i.e. the Vrije Universiteit and the Amsterdam UMC – Location VUmc) there is a huge scientific mass on AI & Health research. Research ranges from more fundamental research in the area of AI algorithms to research devoted to studying the potential of AI within specific health settings as well as its implementation in organizations.
Meet our affiliated researchers
The center for AI & Health revolves around three pillars:
- Safe AI techniques
- Explainable AI
- Hybrid intelligence
- Data efficient learning algorithms
- Sequential learning
- Combining knowledge with data
- Learning from unstructured data
- Interaction between AI and people
- Patient modeling
- Primary prevention and Public Health
- Neurology (Dementia, MS and Parkinson) /Neuroscience
- Internal Medicine (e.g., systemic infections)
- Intensive Care
- Laboratory and Imaging (interpretation and integration)
- Medication (selection and monitoring)
- Mental Health
- How do medical institutions develop, implement, use, and manage AI technologies?
- How do various AI technologies shape work over time?
- How to include in the design of AI, practical insights taken from the field of work and organizations to help enable a responsible human-centric, digital society?
- How do AI techniques contribute to improved wellbeing?
- How does AI contribute to achieving the quadrupple aim (care, health, cost and meaning in work)?